HPI first revealed it had an upcoming gas-powered engine appropriately sized for vehicles such as the Savage almost a year ago. Now, the first HPI to have this anticipated power plant is finally here–almost. HPI announced the HPI Savage XL Octane.
The highlight of the Savage XL Octane is the new 15cc gasoline powered “Octane” engine which features a ducted fan cooling system and a new tuned pipe built specifically for the “Octane” engine for increased torque and overall power.
The new gas-powered truck also features an all-new “alloy” TVP (Twin Vertical Plate) chassis.
ADDITIONAL NEW FEATURES:
- All-new composite, triple-disc brake system
- All-new XL truck body with scale detail and thick polycarbonate for increased toughness
- All-new extra-strength composite roll cage increases durability
- All-new extra large fuel tank increases the already amazing runtime
SAVAGE XL FEATURES:
- 2-stage, oversized, fluid-filled shocks
- Sealed all-metal differentials with bevel gears
- 2.4GHz radio technology
- Dual-stage air filter
- Heavy-duty cam-type servo saver steering system
- All-terrain tires with Savage 17mm hex hubs
- Savage XL 3-speed transmission
- Savage XL suspension uprights
- Machined Steel Spur Gear
- High Torque Metal Gear Steering Servo
- Rechargeable receiver pack and charger
- Front and rear bumpers
- Slipper clutch